Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Tropical Smoothies



There’s no place like home. After sickness, and holiday busyness, and lots of travel to spend nearly a week with each of our respective families, we’re finally back home.  As much as we enjoyed it all, we’re so thankful to be back in TX and to return to our regular daily lives. Sometimes it seems like you need a vacation from your vacation!


Over the course of just under two weeks, we consumed 5 Christmas meals! And also some other special meals, like New Years & my grandpa’s birthday.  It was a lot of mostly rich foods in a short amount of time!


On one of our plane rides back to TX, I mentioned that all I really wanted to eat was fruit.  Since then, I’ve definitely eaten my fair share of clementines, and oranges, and pineapple, and grapefruit.


As we try to eat just a bit more healthy & shock our digestive systems back to reality, I have created this smoothie.  The tropical & tangy flavors have been just the thing to help me imagine we’re (haha) living on a tropical beach somewhere and relaxing in the warm sunshine. It also has been a great breakfast or snack option to jumpstart one of my  “Eat Healthier” goals for 2013.


Tropical Smoothie
makes 1 large breakfast-sized portion or two small snack-sized portions 

1.5 c Frozen Tropical Fruit Blend {mine included pineapple, mango, banana & peaches}
1 whole ripe Banana
1 small tub Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 c Almond/Coconut Milk (unsweetened)

1.  Combine all ingredients in a blender
2.  Blend on high until smooth.
3.  Enjoy immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment