Friday, January 22, 2010

Late Christmas Present

Christmas is stressful and busy.   And it's especially stressful for those in school because we have finals so close to that time too.....

So, needless to say, I didn't get all my christmas presents done before christmas.

Case in point, this basket:



I wanted to give as many consumable gifts as I could this year.  I wanted to make things people could enjoy and use up, instead of things that could clutter their lives or be unuseful (if that's even a word).



So, I found a basket (which could be re-used) and filled it with delicious homemade snack!  I made Peppermint Bark, Spicy Almonds, Smokey Cashews and Dark Chocolate Chunk Hot Cocoa Mix.  And I gave the Christmas present in the middle of January.




Hopefully the goodies will all be enjoyed and consumed :)

And I think, from now on, I'm going to concentrate on doing Valentine's presents instead of Christmas presents.

Here's the recipe for the Hot Cocoa mix, which I found in the December 09 issue of Real Simple Magazine.


Chocolate Chunk Hot Cocoa Mix
Makes: 1 gift (4 cups in all)
  • 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder (2 cups)
  • ¾ cup sugar (3/4 cup) 
  • 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate (8 oz) 


In a bowl, combine the cocoa, sugar, and chocolate. Store in an airtight container. Keep at room temperature for up to 4 months.

How to Package Your Gift

  1. Transfer the cocoa mix to a resealable airtight container. (I used a canning jar) 
  2. Handwrite or download the following instructions on a gift tag or label to include with your gift: “In a small saucepan, whisk ¼ cup cocoa mix with ¾ cup milk. Bring to a bare simmer. Serves 1.” 
  3. Tie a ribbon around the container, looping it through a measuring scoop (I skipped this) and the gift tag with the instructions. 

1 comment:

  1. To a great degree not too bad blog and articles. I am realy to a great degree lively to visit your blog. By and by I am found which I truly require. I check your blog conventional and attempt to take in something from your blog. Thankful to you and sitting tight for your new post. Acknowledges for paper such a beneficial composition, I stumbled beside your blog besides decipher a limited announce. I want your technique of inscription.. i study your blog often and i own an analogous one and i used to be just wondering if you get much of spam comments? If so how do you catch it, any plugin or anything you’ll be able to advise? I get thus often lately it’s driving me crazy so any help is very abundant appreciated. for older folks, retirement or a huge promotion at work is a time when celebration events are going to be a great idea.
    바카라사이트


    >cc

    ReplyDelete